Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief Patch

A patch is now available for Thief: deadly Shadows, addressing the issue that caused the game's difficulty level to shift at times (story). The patch to update the game to version 1.1 is accompanied by the following description: "This patch fixes the problem the player has with the game resetting the difficulty from Expert or Hard to Normal, or from Easy to Normal, when the game is re-loaded in-mission or if the player transitions more than once in any mission." The 415 KB patch can be found on the Eidos Website, mirrored on 3D Gamers, ActionTrip, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games Online, Fragland.net, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2004, 01:53 Squirmer

Uhh so your promoting a hack that was made to get around the bug that this patch fixes? Are you retarded?

Okay, I'll explain that program better: it lets you set difficulty in areas like how well an NPC can hear you, how well he can see you, how well he can feel you, how many hitpoints he has, how much damage he does to you, and how fast he attacks. It gives a LOT more customisation than four distinct difficulty levels give you. Like someone else said, you can set the loot requirements lower by selecting a lower difficulty, but this program will bump it back up to whatever settings you choose, so you can control loot requirements that way too.

Furthermore, the City sections in Thief 3 are always Normal difficulty, regardless of what difficulty you choose for individual missions. This program sets the difficulty for the WHOLE game, so you can play the City on Expert (or higher). Which is very good because there are plenty of places in the City that could almost be called missions in their own right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo