Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, so what did I miss? I just caught a portion of The Matrix Reloaded on the satellite again yesterday, and something stuck in my mind that I hadn't noticed before (let me insert a spoiler warning here in case you have yet to see this one... just skip to the links of the day).

So the Architect tells Neo that they've destroyed Zion six times now, but then later refers to Neo's five predecessors. I they've destroyed Zion six times, wouldn't he be the seventh Neo? If there was a version of this event that didn't include a Neo (or if the Architect was simply lying), I would hope that would be clarified. On the other hand, if this repopulate Zion scenario took place as he described, wouldn't the "old" Neo be part of Zion's current populace? I guess this all speaks again to how disappointed I was in how few further wrinkles about all this were included in Matrix Revolutions.

Play Time: Beat the Bugs. A UGO Starship Troopers 2 promotion.
Links of the Day: When the zombies take over, how long till the electricity fails?
Stories of the Day: TechTV Fans Mad as Hell.
Chicken killers ordered to clean coops. Thanks Baldric.
Truck hauling bees crashes in Montana. Thanks Jerry.
Science!: Scientists Teleport Not Kirk, but an Atom (registration required). Thanks athlonseven.
Shell boss 'fears for the planet'.
Scientists find rodent monogamy gene.
Image of the Day: APOD 2004 June 7 - Mammatus Clouds Over Mexico. Thanks Enahs.
Auction of the Day: My son's 2 Phish Tickets. Thanks Jeff.
Follow-ups: Ramones Guitarist Losing Fight with Cancer -Report.
Global Chaos, Just for Fun.
Foul ball Video. Thanks Jennerstein.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

142. Re: Bush opens mouth Jun 18, 2004, 15:17 JoeCool

Whats up with all these 1 post trolls all of a sudden. Anyway this is what they said

"The panel said it found "no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States."

" The commission also said that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden did "explore possible cooperation with Iraq," but said the contacts did not appear to have led to a "collaborative relationship" "

Not much you can spin with that can you?

No WMDs
No OBL and Saddam link/support

Looks like the reasons for the Iraq war are fading.

You could try the first one. Resolution 687.

"Resolution for cease-fire between Iraq and Kuwait, demands Iraq respects Kuwait's border, and demands the deployment of a United Nations monitoring team to make sure Iraq respects the border."

Looks like from what we can tell he wasn't in violation of it. Remember we pulled out the inspecters to attack him.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 16:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo