Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Sure enough, temperatures hit about a million degrees around here yesterday. Among other things, I am seriously considering checking out Gila Window Films, a product to address this recommended by Enahs (there are just a few small attic-type windows up here, but any little bit helps). Even then the AC up here will clearly remain a few BTUs shy of what's required... at one point yesterday I started seeing mirages.

Links of the Day: Amazon.com Customer Reviews: Henckels Birch Cutting Board. Thanks Mister Wight.
Stories of the Day: Holsters recalled for causing guns to fire accidentally.
Now, currency for extra-terrestrial trade.
Should Doctors Help With Executions? No Easy Ethical Answer (registration required).
Science!: Embryos Yield New Stem Cell Lines.
Research: Brain genes start to slow at 40.
Riemann hypothesis proved?
Follow-ups: Risky descent planned for Mars crater.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Population vs. Assholes Jun 10, 2004, 12:14 bothersome

Sorry for the political talk, but these are the only message boards I browse on the web. So, I was sitting here wondering if anyone else is having the same dilemma I was...

I dislike Bush and would vote for anyone else for presidency to get him out of office, the problem is that I dislike Kerry to. If I vote for an independant then I risk Bush staying in office which I definitely don't want, but if I vote Kerry I'm voting for someone who really hasn't shown me any great "Presidential" qualities.

The current US population is 291,500,000. Out of this I'm guessing there are at least 20 billion people that are of age to run for president and are not yet to physically ill for the job. Now out of 20 billion people how come we're left with just two arseholes for the choice of president? Man, I hate the party system.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo