Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New UT2004 Red Orchestra

The Red Orchestra Website now offers the new beta 2.0 of the Red Orchestra modification for Unreal Tournament 2004. The mod's user's manual offers details on what's new in this mod, which is set on the bloody Eastern front of World War II. The site's pretty hosed at the moment, so here are some mirrors: FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), Filerush (torrent), and Fileshack (registration required).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

44. Re: On nooos May 23, 2004, 11:22 J/K

#40. hey, actually I do enjoy the discussion as well and didn't perceive you as a jackass(well..at least not anymore after your last 3 posts .

I am realistic too, but for one I don't want realism turn into fatalism and for the other, reality does show that at least once in a while, periodically someone somewhere pulls off something original and succeeds because of exactly that. if it weren't so we'd still be playing space invaders

I must also say.. I don't really "demand" or expect the mega hyper total innovation.I'm already pleased with a distinct different visual twist.
Like.. on the gameplay side those war shooters ,especially squad based do have a lot to offer, but you can follow the same play mechanism in a different setting and different visual style. Freedom Fighters would be somewhat of an example for that.
I agree.. many titles that seemed somewhat fresh, where actually a mish-mash of the old, but its like with cooking,where a different combination of the same spices can make up for a new wonderful dish.
what also bugs me is that the technological possibilities have grown so much, yet the creativity does seem to fall behind sometimes . sure publishers/market politics have a major impact here.
it's interesting to see though, that some of the more interesting stuff comes from those countries who somehow just started to put their foot into the game business. Stalker would be the big example here.

one thing that I think also often hurts the case is the almighty hype machine. it puts all the focus on a very few games and makes it hard to catch attention for anything else. Far Cry stands for both the good and the bad here imho. On one hand it did things a little different and has its share of freshness and while I think its a good game, I do also think it is a little overrated and for whatever reason most reviews simply seem to completely ignore its flaws .
Black&white .. yeah, oh how I was looking forward to that and how I enjoyed the first couple of hours playing it, only to certainly but slowly drift away into disappointment then.

This comment was edited on May 23, 11:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo