Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We finally had Dr. Tree come by and take down the pair of Mimosa trees that died in our back yard over the past couple of years (at the time I described the blight they came down with to which all these trees are subject). One of them was a candidate for amateur felling, as it was in the middle of the yard, but the other was growing through a corner of our deck, requiring the expertise of a professional. It was pretty impressive watching the one guy scamper up this tree and scientifically dismantle it, and almost as remarkable watching his squad of helpers scramble around collecting the fallen wood to feed to the wood chipper. Now that this is done, I am so happy that these trees are finally gone. I recall complaining about how much crap (buds, leaves, flowers, and seed pods) these guys left all over the yard and deck in life, but it turned out they were just as messy in death, leaving twigs, branches, and dead bark all over the place. Good riddance.

Links of the Day: Cicadaville.com. Thanks WarPig.
Andy Kaufman Returns. Uh-huh. Thanks Tony Fabris, Ryan, and Steve.
Stories of the Day: Shrek 2 all too much for Antonio. Thanks Duane Pemberton.
Airline to give free tickets for being nice.
The Death Of The Crank Call.
Science!: 1st Nat'l Bank of Stem Cells.
Firm flexes its artificial muscles.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: Mimosa trees May 20, 2004, 22:02 Halsy

As long as they don't have 'Property of Halsy' embroidered on the crotch I think I will be okay.

I don't want the whole package, just the left one. I'm sure I could eBay it for a new PC. The fact that he actually got tight leather pants too tight in the crotch is simply a sign from the powers that be that he should yield up his left nut to me. I get a new PC out of it, and he gets leather pants that fit. There's a certain poetry to it all.

Hey, speaking of PC's, I'm in the process of reviewing all the stuff I'll get when I finally spring for all my stuff (it'll be mid to late July when I take the plunge as I want PCI express everything), but meanwhile I could use a new PC case, fans and power supply. I was looking at Enermax's and Thermaltake's stuff so far and it looks good (although the Thermaltake cases are a bit tacky for my tastes). Anyone have good recommendations on QUIET pc cases and parts (power supply/fans). Also for a Power supply should I just go for the juice and grab a 480W or 500W PS or would 350W/400W pass muster?

I saw this Chenbro case and it looks pretty cool.
http://www.chenbro.com.tw/Chenbro_Special/Special_gamingbomb.jsp

This Enermax case is cool too. I like the yellow one in particular (I used to own a TR6 that same color and it has the whole Yellow Submarine positive vibe).
http://www.enermax.com.tw/products_cases2.php?Tid=2&gon=280&Gid=29&Gid2=18

I've done a bit more research on LCD monitors and it's my understanding that 20ms monitors can be good for gaming. Anyone know for sure? I'm looking at dropping 1000 or less (if possible) on an LCD if that's the case (if not I'll stick with CRT). Anyone have suggestions on a 20ms LCD (or if they're even worth it)?

Thanks
Halsy

"You make me sick, learn to love my right nut."
- Enahs

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo