Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

True to our plan, MrsBlue and I ventured forth last night for an evening out to celebrate our recent wedding anniversary. We finally made it into a local Mexican bistro that has been highly recommended by a couple of local acquaintances, and true to the counsel we received, the food and atmosphere were exceptional. What I found most interesting was the presence of a man with a guitar and a woman with some manner of hand percussion dealie who were going from table to table in their showy outfits serenading the patrons with Mexican music. This was something I had only previously seen in movies and on TV, and was pretty darned neat, though it was quite odd when they made their way to our table, as MrsBlue felt it was impolite to continue eating while they played for us, and I found it too odd to continue eating myself after she paused, so there we sat for a few minutes as our food cooled, so we could smile and nod appreciatively at the people preventing us from eating.

I think next time I'm going to allow my own sensibilities to override any awkwardness I might feel if this scenario should ever repeat itself, and just keep on eating.

Play Time: Yeti Sports Part Four. Thanks Ant.
Link of the Day: Air Guitar Championships. Thanks Dan Leadbetter.
HOT or NOT goes ASCII. Thanks MoE ^ZuLu^.
Stories of the Day: Schwarzenegger: Stop making bobblehead dolls.
Book: Aussies hardest workers.
Bank Robber Finds Pink Is Not Pretty (thanks Ant). Not living up to her name.
Science!: Call to shoot 20,000 Australian koalas.
Darwin-Free Fun for Creationists (registration required).
Media of the Day: The Adventures of the Royal Society of Natural Philosophers: To the Moon. Thanks Jonathan Crocket.
Electric Acoustic Guitar. Thanks MoE ^ZuLu^.
Follow-ups: Army awards Tillman posthumous Silver Star.
Lost city of Atlantis 'found'.
Shrek the sheep is finally shorn. Thanks Greg.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

46. Out of the Blue May 2, 2004, 22:36 Soupkin

I hope next year she cheats on you with a black man and runs away with im forever.  
Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo