Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Previews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. COH Apr 20, 2004, 00:38 LArac

Well if I was a pure power only player, with only the goal of trashing lowwer lvl players, and showing off my UBER crap I might agree.

As I like to actually have fun when playing a game I think your a bit jaded, and may have deeper issues.

Been in BETA from 1st of March, seen a lot of good work done.

COH is all about comics, it is Good Folks, stopping bad folks.
This means a lot of battles yes, like most of this type of game.

Missions are, at lower levels sometimes too easy, and repeat a bit. Not as much as LDON in EQ, but a bit. But even now I have seen new rooms in the lower lvls that I have not seen before. As you progress they do differ and get more intense.

Coustumes are 3rd best in the genre, and will be getting more added, later. Some that can be added to char in play, others at start.
Here I think your lack of thought is to blame, as I have VERY different chars looks.

LOOT
Yep no real loot in the game, no Camp for 4 days to get an item. We all will miss it, NOT!
What loot is there is auto given by the server, in the fprm of One shots and a more lasting upgrade to powers.
Later in the game these upgrades, will put even more distances between the classes, because they can upgrade powers in very different ways.

PVP
None at release, and very hard on the kill the new guy crowd. Arena is upcoming, and hints of a Villian expansion but that would be a year away at least for villians.

Crafting
None yet, though I have been given many Devices to test during missions that gave me use of a power for a limited number of shots, or until I left the mission area.
Maybe it will be added, really do not like it for the game, crafting is boring in most games or boring and required in others, let sleeping sewing needles lay and gather dust.
Love crafting Horizoons and Star Wars have you covered.

Hmm what else, oh races. It is comic book based, and there are alien faces, they just do not make you uber, sorry.

Bugs exist in all games, but I have seen very few in the last 2 builds.

Lag, almost NIL.
You may have been on the 3 nights where the server had over 6000 players and the full debuger running, there was lag then.
I have seen over 100 folks standing at the tram for a test, I ran through with no, Zero, nadda graphics lag.
My settings were maxed.
It was great!

I can under stand this game will not be for every one, but to trash talk like a WoW board member, just because it is not your style, is rude and childlike.

I have tested/Played for almost 2 months, I am looking forward to the launch and playing, if your not then DO NOT PLAY.

Also they did a zone intant event, if a zone starts filling up, a copy is spawned. You can talk and gather teams from these copies, helps reduce the crowds a bit.

There are also some story lines that span many missions. Like the story arcs in comics.

There are Task Forces at mid level, a group joins together to do a series of 3-6 missions. Sorta like a graphic novel.

There are city patrol missions, or you can patrol for fun.

The missions are yours and who you invite no claim jumping.
If you get a mission and then form a group, the mission will scale up because you have friends.

Is the game perfect, No.

Would more content be godd? Always

Is it fun? Hell yes

Halsy good luck playing UO, that seems to be what you like.
PVP, required crafting, loot, and uber folk

I'll take fun

I enjoy playing the game, that is what matters to me. But to see some one who has played it so little be so hateful, it just seems there are other issues with you.

Lee

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo