Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy: Painkiller

DreamCatcher announces that Painkiller has shipped in North America (thanks Frans), and should be now available:

DreamCatcher Games’ Painkiller Now Available In Stores
Frantic, Frenzied FPS Action for Windows®

Toronto, April 12, 2004. DreamCatcher Games today announced that Painkiller, one of the most anticipated Windows® shooters of 2004, is now available at major retailers across North America.

Painkiller puts gamers in the role of Daniel Garner, an unfortunate victim of a fatal car accident now trapped in a dark and sinister world somewhere between Heaven and Hell. To find his salvation, Garner must fight through more than 50 species of Hell’s wildest incarnations in an attempt to stop an imminent Unholy War.

This first-person horror shooter features truly stunning graphics, an amazingly powerful engine and some of the nastiest level bosses ever seen. Graphically, Painkiller is unmatched, showing off new levels of texture quality and the latest lighting and shadowing techniques. The game utilizes the impressive Havok 2.0 engine, achieving new heights of physics-based gameplay.

Painkiller serves up more than 20 huge and completely unique single player levels with five insane multiplayer modes. The game’s proprietary 3D "PAIN Engine" puts out 100 times more polygons than other FPS games. An arsenal of five dual-mode weapons, with varied combination attacks, equips players with all the power they’ll need to slay Satan’s minions.

Developed by People Can Fly, Painkiller has an ESRB of ‘M’ for Mature and an SRP of $39.99 USD. Download the demo at www.PainkillerGame.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

35. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2004, 19:39 Hump

and the graphics are not great. they just look great because its dark everywhere. but if you look closely youll see how crappy the graphics are actually

Dude, I really have to assume your looking to troll the day away.

Bleh....why bother
This comment was edited on Apr 12, 19:48.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo