Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion

The official announcement for Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion is online (thanks GameStar) along with a preliminary product page for the next chapter in Funcom's science fiction MMORPG, planned for release this summer. Here's the deal:

Following the critically acclaimed and award-winning Anarchy Online Shadowlands, Funcom is proud to present Anarchy Online Alien Invasion. The next chapter in the Anarchy Online saga further strengthens the sci-fi aspects of the game, making it even more unique compared to current and forthcoming offerings within the Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) genre.

Not only will the social aspects be greatly improved, with players being able to construct their own towns, set up unique shops and build impressive organization headquarters, they also get their action quota filled when they come face to face with aliens wielding superior technology.

The new alien menace threatens all of the citizens of Rubi-Ka as the planet is suddenly invaded. A massive call to arms is sounded across the planet as the players rally to defend their own cities against the alien horde.

Prepare for the MMORPG sci-fi experience of the year!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2004, 23:11 Mezzanine

I was an AO player since the launch, so I've been through ALL the big nerfs and such, and through all the big fixes. They've come a long way, no doubts there. When Shadowlands launched, they ran into a bunch of the same problems from the original launch, mostly because the size of the expansion in compared to other MMORPGS was HUGE, and had a ton of wide-reaching effects on things they'd worked to balance before.

They're just now starting to get Shadowlands back in order, and the most recent major patch is making me think it's time to log back in again. Thing is there's still some major issues that aren't obvious till you've been in for a while (some professions have become rather useless since SL, while others have become exploited for a single purpose; also, high-end leveling involves killing one type of mob in one playfield) so my hope is that they clean up some more of these issues before they launch another expansion.

That said... what the hell?!? Whatever happened to "Towns of Rubi-ka"?!?!?

-- Nothing is black, nor is it white. If you think you've found something that isn't shades of grey, I can recommend a good optometrist. --
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo