Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TRIBES Vengeance & Sacred Movies

A 65 minute video showing off last week's TRIBES Vengeance press conference is now available on WOFN. The clip is a 63 MB download, and Winamp 5 is required to view the proceedings, which include footage of gameplay (thanks Danny McGee). Also, there is a movie showing off gameplay from Sacred on GenGamers, where they've recorded some of their experiences with a beta of this upcoming RPG.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Tribes to earn its due.. Feb 2, 2004, 01:56 Beaner

The innovation and unique aspect of Tribes as a game was unfortuantely overshadowed by the deathmatch momentum of games like Quake and half-Life. Half-Life took of due to its great single player game (which contributed to more folks playing the mulitplayer game).

That was too bad because many of us who play Tribes know that playing a deathmatch style game with a CTF mod, the move forward, back, strafe right strafe left of games like Quake and half-Life bored the hell out of you after playing Tribes for awhile. While many of the die hard quakers eschewed Tribes as a Mech game (LOL) they had no idea what they where missing. A mech game please....

When Tribes 2 came out it was unfortunately plagued with bugs and patches, and in some ways its hardware requirements where ahead of its time. This just worsened the situation, even though Tribes 2 with the latest patch (Specifically classic Tribes 2) Rocks!

Today many of the new games are moving toward CTF, teamplay style gameplay, with vehicles, and a somewhat fully immersive environement (another unique aspect of Tribes). Tribes was really the first great real time game to provide this type of gameplay in a fully immersive environement.

Now we have Games like Battlefield etc, and although these are all newer games, their gameplay is still old. Maps are not fully immersive, and characters just dont have the same range of movement.

Thank God for Irrational and the team that decided to bring this underground winner back to life. Tribes deserves a trophy sitting alongside games like Quake and half-Life. Hopefully Tribes vengeance wont have the same bad release that plagued Tribes 2...That would be a shame.

Also. the recent gamespy article on Tribes Vengeance said the following about Tribes which is pretty ironic.

[iffy
After over five years, can Tribes' gameplay still compete with the Counter-Strikes and Battlefield of the world?[/i]

No wonder these lugnuts dont get it. I think the writer is dyslexic. The quote should have said:

[i]After over five years, can Counter-Strikes and Battlefield gameplay still compete with Tribes?[/i]

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo