Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I have been a big fan of Tic Tac mints since they first came out when I was a kid (I guess I just dated myself again). They've become even more of a mainstay in my life since I became a driver, as I had a bunch of packages in the car at one point and provoked an expectation from my passengers that they would always find Tic Tacs there, perpetually forcing me to keep them properly stocked. I was only a little nonplussed by the "More Enjoyable Freshness" slogan on the last package of these I picked up, figuring there was a bonus container of mints in the package. To my shock, it turns out this refers to the fact that they've increased the size of each mint by 30%. I kept an open mind about this before trying them, but my worst fears are confirmed, as they have managed to ruin the ratio of outer coating to inner mint... actually I imagine the proportions are the same, but the effect is different, and I don't like the new variety nearly as much as the old one. I hope there's a plan to keep the older type around as well. If there isn't, I guess I'll have to count on disgruntled fans like myself forcing them to go back... sort of like how we got New Coke killed back in the day (gosh, that's already a long time ago too... I really have to stop doing that).

Ooops! Almost forgot -- Happy Birthday Frans!!!!!!!!

Links of the Day: Google Publishes Print Edition. Thanks APAULLO.
Help John Get Divorced.
Worster Album Covers Ever II Thanks Bronco.
Stories of the Day:

Burglar Delivers Himself to House in Box. Thanks Ant.

Science!: Russian may have solved great math mystery.
New-Found Old Galaxies Upsetting Astronomers’ Long-Held Theories on the Big Bang (registration required).
Follow-up: Hope for Beagle 2 Fading.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

55. Re: Oh no Jan 8, 2004, 21:34 Creston

After I saw The Two Towers I had already figured that Tolkien had created his own gravity field--after seeing that link I'd be surprised if light can escape from the area he's in.

Am I the only one who walked out of the second one? (I refuse to see Return of the King) Ok, so maybe I have more than one copy of The Lord of the Rings and every other piece that Tolkien wrote, and maybe I've read 'em all several (dozen) times.

First of all, not going to see Return of the King means missing out on what's probably going to be the best film of this DECADE. And why'd you walk out of the Two Towers? I like it least of all the three, but then again I never liked the book very much either (all that Treebeard stuff always puts me to sleep), but it's still a pretty good movie I think. What about it turned you off?

I'm just as big a dork as you are, I've even read the Silmarillion half a dozen times (I lost count of how many times I've read LotR).

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo