Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Combat Over Universal Combat

In a turn of events that harkens back to the controversial release of the original Battlecruiser game, the Battlecruiser Online Forums now have more on the brewing disagreement between 3000AD developer Derek Smart and publisher DreamCatcher Interactive over whether Universal Combat is ready for prime time. There is a conflict over the possibility that RC1 of the game will be shipped, and this all may end up in the courts. Here's a bit:

Today, Eric and my attorneys in Canada are going to advise them via paperwork of their breach and my desire to protect my IP from damage and at any/all costs. Obtaining a TRO is not a big deal because my contract shows that I own the IP, that my company, rep, IP etc would be damaged if this RC1 build were to be allowed into the retail channel. With a TRO (which for expediatry reasons has to be taken out in Canada), they can replicate a million units, but will never ship them. And since a TRO requires a hearing in order to either (a) have it removed of (b) have it extended, if successful, the RC1 build will never enter the retail channel until the case is heard. Which could be 3-4 weeks, depending on the Canadian court system.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: A Time Of Good Cheer? Dec 22, 2003, 16:23 Tigger

But it is becoming very clear he does suffer from mental problems, seriously.

I think he's suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Help for Derek? Maybe when his game gets handed a review similar to the ones that Diakatana got. It's called: Being Humbled.

You would expect someone who takes great pride in his games being 'right' would have a little more respect for his customers, independent release or not.

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones
(Fixed my grammer)
This comment was edited on Dec 22, 16:23.
(Fixed my spelling)
This comment was edited on Dec 22, 16:25.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo