Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Demo Open Letter

Open Letter on Exclusive Demos on 3D Gamers is a follow-up that can also be found on a number of other gaming sites, recalling the open letter that prompted the non-exclusive release of the Call of Duty demo (story). Upon the recent exclusive Armed & Dangerous demo (story) the websites who have signed on to this coalition have made the following commitment: "Therefore, in an effort to end this once and for all, the following gaming websites (together representing 19 million unique visitors per month) have agreed not to host any exclusive demos anymore, even after they eventually become public." We (the editorial we) believe this cause is in the best interest of the gaming community and game developers/publishers as well, so here's hoping it has the desired effect.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

74. Reality Check Demo=Advertisement Dec 20, 2003, 16:31 Verb

A demo is an advertisement and a technology test. I'm not going to wait in line or pay money to be advertised to. The gaming industry has lost at least 15 sales this year because I didn't get a chance to see the demo.

Rule of thumb:
If it requires registration
If they want money
If the download is slow
Too much advertising
Too many clicks
Not on BluesNews (only place I go for gaming news)
IT'S NOT WORTH DOWNLOADING.

The market is flooded anyways and I'm still playing and enjoying games written in 98.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 16:35.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo