Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NWN Gold Edition Announced

Atari Unveils the Neverwinter Nights Gold Edition is the press release announcing plans for a repackaged version of BioWare's D&D RPG, slated for release this November. The Gold Edition, obviously enough targeted on keeping the game on shelves for the lucrative holiday sales season, will include the original game, the Shadows of Undrentide expansion, the Aurora tool kit, as well as four modules. Here's a bit on the modules: "The Neverwinter Nights Gold Edition game will also give players a chance to experience some of the most popular and exciting modules created using the Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset. Modules are complete stand-alone adventures that allow players to take part in entirely new stories and adventures within their favorite Dungeons & Dragons worlds. Each of the four included modules has been created by the game’s original designers at BioWare."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Save Your Money Oct 9, 2003, 15:31 DrEvil

Don't buy the gold edition, hunt around and buy the NWN Collector's Edition. You get a neat shirt, uber large cloth poster of Aribeth (whistle), an art of Neverwinter Nights book (lots of glossy high quality illustrations), the NWN soundtrack, a much better bound edition of the manual and a few other things I forget about.

I really enjoyed NWN. It was the first D&D based game I've really enjoyed because it didn't require that I know anything about D&D for it to be fun

While the first part of the original campaign moved a bit slowly, after that I really enjoyed it. I've also been playing Shadows of Undrentide at home, and I have to say I enjoyed the original campaign more so far. But I'm not very far in the expansion yet.

I think the thing that has always stuck out most to me about NWN is the character artwork and some of the voiceovers which are really awesome to me.

NWN is great for an RPG, because you can sit down and play it for an hour and feel like you've gotten somewhere. Unlike other ones I've played where it's only a 60 hour long game because the player has to backtrack over the same area a ridicolous amount of times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo