Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 1942: Tool/Map Plans & More

An update to the Battlefield 1942 Website (thanks Ant) covers a variety of present and future topics related to the World War II FPS, including the current availability of the Secret Weapons add-on, troubleshooting tips for virtual CD drives or misprinted CD keys, pimpage for their server leasing program, the promise of first crack at goodies like a new BF: Vietnam trailer and the next official map release (The Philippines, due in "early October") for those who sign up for their official newsletter, and, as excerpted here, the status of a couple of the hottest issues in the community at the moment, the CD swap issue, and the status of a modification SDK. Here's the deal:

Mod Development Toolkit
We're excited to announce the development of a new toolkit for the Battlefield 1942 mod community - a Mod Development Toolkit. We will be releasing an Open Beta version of the MDT in the near future. Please watch this space for more details.

CD-Swapping in 1.45
We are looking at a fix for this. The issue isn't just that the Battlefield SafeDisk check has to work with Road to Rome and Secret Weapons, but we have to ensure that it works with mods as well. This has required a lengthier development time. However, we are dedicated to getting a fix in place ASAP. Please stay tuned for updates.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Battlefield 1942: Tool/Map Plans & More Sep 13, 2003, 18:04 D4rkKnight

I love BF1942's cd checks! Want to join a BF1942 map? Please insert BF1942 cd! Oh, server timed out? Now you wanna do a Road to Rome map?? Well, Go get your Road to Rome box out cause now you need that cd!! Its as if they promote pirating of games to remove cd-checks. How has safedisc ever helped anyone, they end up cracking its protection in what? 5 minutes? Damn you game makers are dumb sometimes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo