Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Halo Status Report

With the removal of the remaining work items list on the Halo Website, Gearbox's Randy Pitchford made a forum post called Halo PC Status describing the imminence of announcements concerning the game's availability (thanks Frans and HBO). Here's the deal:

Expect an announcement about the release date of Halo PC sometime in the next 1 to 4 days.

gearboxsoftware.com will carry the announcement in the forums, on the main pages and will offer other fun materials related to the announcement.

The "Work Items" remaining ticker was removed because there are no remaining work items for the retail game.

The team is working on a number of other things including a demo and some bonus features to be released as an update on or about launch time.

We are having lots of fun at Gearbox playing "Assault" mode in Halo PC. We can't wait for you to be able to join us

Thanks for your participation in the forums and thank you for your continued excitement and anticipation of Halo's invasion of the PC.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Im wrong Sep 12, 2003, 17:10 Cheese

Youre right gearbox is not owned by Gabe Newell.

They just do every halflife conversion including Counterstrike, Blue Shift, Opposing Force and the Botched 007 Game they just finished.

While not owned by Gabe they have a great interest in keeping him happy , and that probley includes Borrowing code and DX9 techniques that are being devoloped to be used on Halflife2.

Truth is this I find it Strange that the only game that had Slowed down the mighty GFGF5900 was HALO PC. Not Jediacademy not Tron2 not anything but Halo and I shudder at the thought of fooling yourself into beliving that GFFX will get its act together before HL2 ships.

I dont give two cents about HALO compared to HL2. Im still playing counterstrike with full servers to boot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo