Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Consolidation

PS2 price cut coming soon on Eurogamer.net reports "Ł129.99 is set to be the new PlayStation 2 price within the next three to four weeks" in Europe, quoting some of those blabbermouth "sources." The sources also tell them Halo 2 has slipped to April 2004, but this is backed up by a Microsoft release schedule. Also, here's the entirety of one of the shortest press releases we can recall: "Mesquite, TX - Sept. 3, 2003 - id Software(tm) and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) have confirmed that Vicarious Visions is developing DOOM 3(tm) for Xbox®, the console version of id Software's highly-anticipated blockbuster title headed to the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft." Also, Gloomy outlook for game console sales (thanks Mike Martinez) reports: "Sales of video game consoles are expected to slump until a new crop of machines is introduced in a few years, according to an industry analyst." Also, Ubi Soft sends along the following about XIII: "PlayStation®2 and Xbox(tm) fans can get an exclusive sneak peak at exciting single-player and multi-players levels along with a full length soundtrack produced by San Francisco-based label Future Primitive Sound. The purchase of this two-disc will be applied to the full product when it becomes available. Nintendo GameCube and PC fans can receive the enhanced CD soundtrack by pre-ordering." Finally: Nokia's N-Gage Gets Second Look (thanks Mike Martinez) on the launch of the N-Gage portable game machine.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. For the first time.. Sep 4, 2003, 16:16 ethic

For the first time in, who knows how long, the GCN outsold the PS2 in Japan last week. Thanks to FF:CC and Tales of Symphonia, of course. Granted, it was only by about 300 units (35,600 for GCN, and 35,300 for PS2), but it's still great. Meanwhile, the Xbox sold 650 -- which is just sad.

You see, this is the beginning of the end for Sony. I'm serious, yo. And Microsoft, they should just give up completely in Japan; they've lost the country. Stick to the U.S. and Europe.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo