Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 1942 Patch

The new version 1.45 patches and Win32 dedicated server for Battlefield 1942 are now available on the Battlefield 1942 Website. The client patch is available as a 107 MB update for any previous version, this file can also be found on 3D Gamers, FileFront, FileShack (registration required), GameCenter.cz, Gamer's Hell, IGN, Loadedinc (registration required), and Worthplaying, or as a 50 MB update from version 1.40, also available on 3D Gamers, FileFront, FileShack (registration required), GameCenter.cz, Gamer's Hell, IGN, Loadedinc (registration required), and Worthplaying. The new Win32 dedicated server is also available from 3D Gamers, FileFront, and FileShack (registration required), while the update for previous versions of the dedicated server can also be found on 3D Gamers, FileFront, and FileShack (registration required). Here's the change list that was previously posted on BFNation:

-Support for Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII expansion pack
-Land vehicles will not respawn if player is too close to spawnpoint.
-Def Gun now has shell icon instead of rocket.
-Fixed issue with using the mouse wheel as a control.
-AI skill no longer resets to EASY when browsing menus.
-Dropped kits stay on static objects such as bridges, houses, etc.
-Fixed issue with disappearing buttons after activating a custom game.
-Tooltips added for Def Gun, stationary MG42 and stationary Browning.
-Kits can no longer be picked up from a distance.
-Fixed force from explosions on vehicles which were sometimes wrong, and caused vehicles to roll over.
-AI players don't count when voting in COOP.
-Possible to select position 4, 5 and 6 in aircrafts.
-Console background does not disappear after switching to main menu.
-Changing camera view while shooting or leaving water works.
-CO-OP briefing text now displays the specific conquest type for each map (Assault, Head-On or Hybrid)
-Names with line-feeds are now valid.
-Fixed floating exploit.
-Fixed first person animations, which sometimes stopped prematurely.
-Fixed crash when changing camera view under certain conditions.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: incremental patch Aug 29, 2003, 18:12  Xymph 

Most of the cases where there have been probs are off the 3D Gamers incremental patch
I re-verified our copy of the file with both the original at EA's distribution ftp and the one on ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/ , and they're all identical, so it seems unlikely that the install problem is just with copies of the patch downloaded from 3D Gamers. But if anyone has more information like what server a corrupt patch was downloaded from, I'll look further.

I also notified EA about a (possible) problem with the incremental patch and they're looking into it.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo