Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's just struck me that the blackout would have been a golden opportunity to get a great view of the ever-closer planet of Mars without the detriment of all the light pollution in the area, which is especially remarkable here in the vicinity of New York City. Over the next few days the red planet will achieve its closest proximity to Earth in anyone's (even Joan Rivers') memory, but I imagine the view would be that much more spectacular in the darkness. The lights here in the tower came on for Thursday's overnight before dying again Friday, but I hope some of those in the city remembered to take advantage of the unusual occasion of one of the brightest spots on earth becoming one of the darkest.

I got a couple of comments from readers who received a Gator pop-up dealie. There are few things I despise more than spyware installers, and this was not supposed to be running here. After learning about this, the powers-that-be were able to pinpoint the offending campaign where some weasel had slipped these in there, and it was killed. If this should happen again going forward, please be willing to drop an e-mail to me or a forum post about it so that the croc hunter can be sent after the offending reptile.

Play Time: Letterscapes. Thanks (Spooky42).
Stories of the Day: Thai ban for 'Big Flabby Buttocks'. Thanks Larry.
Mobster's smuggled sperm counts for extra 16 months in prison.
Write a Story, Go to Jail.
Wild Science: Japan ready to market robot suit.
Robot attends Czech state dinner.
Earth-like planets probably water-logged Simulation suggests formation of wet worlds is easy.
Weird Science: Genetic Tests in Your Bedroom.
Brain scans show why we always have room for dessert.
Tongue transplant patient released. Thanks Devicer.
Follow-up: Tampa drops face-recognition system.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

30. Re: I'm Tired Aug 22, 2003, 13:55 Tigger

WalterEgo Said:

Go play Pokemon and let the adults convey actual ideas.

Ah, the good ol days, eh WalterEgo?

It's quite obvious that most of the 'I hate this site' and 'Blue sucks' and <Insert rude comment with curses here> are from kids who are still on summer break.

Give it time, maybe the kids will go back to school and leave the adults alone.

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking on my part...

--
Tigger

'Got CS...gas?'

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo