Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

When discussing the sidewalk grass yesterday with my buddy Devicer, he mentioned that my original thought on this was actually a reality, and that they sell flame throwers for just such an occasion!! These things are cheap, propane-powered, and some put out in excess of 1,000,000(!) B.T.U.s. The neat thing is that they can also be used in the winter on icy sidewalks (and I'm thinking they can also melt glass or provide heat for group camping trips to Pluto).

I couldn't recall the ad that was making the sound that needed to be killed, it's the noisy backpack ad... I'll look at getting the kibosh on that today. I'll also follow-up on the noisy Telco ad (since that is local in Canada I'm not sure how readily that can be addressed).

Link of the Day: Hollywood Is Calling. Thanks Bronco.
Stories of the Day: Comic's New Album Blasts Telemarketers. Thanks Peter Binazeski.
U.S. Bimbo Defeats Spanish Challenger in Web Bout. Thanks dakslf.
What's 50, Curvy and Full of Air (registration required). Hillary?
Wild Science: Simple fixes could bring water to millions. "12 million die of diseases caused by poor water quality each year."
FDA approves wheelchair that climbs stairs.
Weird Science: Genome hunt shows humans closer to rats than cats.
Prehistoric iceman put up a fight, scientists reveal.
Image of the Day: FoxTrot. Thanks WarPig.
Follow-up: Arctic ice cap facing meltdown.
Telemarketers seek ways around do-not-call list.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: Black Out? Aug 14, 2003, 17:29  Xymph 

The actual server is in a data center somewhere outside NYC, don't know exactly.

Blue went offline (on ICQ) a while back so he's probably affected by the black-out.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo