Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2 Q&A

HomeLan Fed's Half-Life 2 Q&A is online, talking with Valve's Gabe Newell about what can de revealed about plans for their shooter sequel. Along the way, they cover a good deal of ground, confirm that they still expect to make their September 30 release date, and more. Here's a bit on the reasons behind setting the game in the fictional European location of City 17:

Within the story, there are reasons why you are in City 17. Outside of what is happening in the story, two factors influenced our inclusion of City 17 - the first was that Viktor Antonov grew up in Romania and without really intending to he got a bunch of the artists excited about an art direction that drew heavily on eastern European source material, and the second was that thematically present day eastern Europe exists at a really interesting crossroad between the past and the future which resonates with what goes on in Half-Life 2.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

26. Re: JCal on the job as always Jun 9, 2003, 08:13 X-Vector

"i'm sorry, that's your opinion and i don't mean to piss on it like a VE3D poster. after writing this, i realized i sound like a troll."

Waxthirteen, your apology is unnecessary, I'm as baffled by sponge's comment as you.

His suggestion that Valve could be "abusing new technology" Q2 style is especially hilarious, considering he's juxtaposing HL2 to a game that is being created as a showcase for Carmack's new engine.

He obviously hasn't read a word of the HomeLan Fed interview this comment section is discussing.

We're on an express elevator to hell... going down.

We're on an express elevator to hell... going clown.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo