Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MG Solid 2 Substance on DVD Only

HomeLan Fed is reporting having confirmed that due to its large size, the upcoming PC release of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance will be on DVD-ROM only, with no CD-ROM distribution planned at all.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Fantastic News Mar 22, 2003, 07:36 LarryLaffer

Dr. Evil said it best. Those who build there own PC's have no reason to put in a DVD drive.

For instance my mother in law who has no clue about computers and hates computer games has a DVD drive in her computer. My dad nearly 60 never played a computer game in his life has a DVD drive.

But myself and two of my best friends in our upper 20's who play computer games religiously. Buy new games at least one or two games a month, build our own computers piece by piece don't have DVD drives. We have a DVD player hooked to our respective entertainment centers to watch movies. But since there is like no DVD games why would a gamer have a DVD drive?

Plus if I remember correctly all the really bad games on the original CD's were all the bad games that were really movies with no gameplay. It took a while for actual decent games to start coming out on CD.

I'll wait until something good comes out on DVD before I put one in my computer. Until then I'll just stick with my trusty CD-Rom drive.

Laffman.........

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo