Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2003 Patch Plans

A post on Unreality offers details on the additions and changes planned for the upcoming Unreal Tournament 2003 patch, which is currently undergoing beta testing. The extensive list includes changes to gameplay, the HUD and menus, AI, networking, mod support, the engine, D3D/OpenGL, audio, and the oft-discussed demo feature.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

62. Re: UT2003 is CRAP! Dec 10, 2002, 13:11 EvilGoof

It is not just my opinion that UT2003 is crap but a fact. Here are some of my technical reasons: The 1st and 3rd person view cameras are out of sync which is why it does not feel right. The player scale against the world is off making every level "feel" wrong and the players look like midgets but 1st person is cramped... bad warped design plans Epic. there are less options in the menus than UT1. Assualt was the most popular offline gametype and is gone because people think that online multiplayer is all that mattered... bullshit, I bet over half of all UT1 players never went online and enjoyed the offline bots which makes UT a single player game as well. The weapons as well as the sounds of those weapons have been made week and dull making the game seem boring and less exciting. The characters are more cartoon like against the huge pickups and static mesh objects. They are less cool looking and voices have less personality and death sounds are not as powerful. The extensive use of jump-pads which made UT1 people hate Quake 3 is now a part of UT2003, bad move Epic. The announcer is the most annoying thing of all and even people who like the game agree on that. UT1 announcer sounded cool like Mortal Combat. UT2003 sounds like Tony the Tiger on crack.

There are many other reasons why UT2003 is a piece of garbage but it would take up all day so I will stop now. It is indeed a fact that UT2003 is garbage, not opinion. Forcing yourself to play it and like it makes you all pathetic losers. Deal with it noobs because I am off to play a game developed by people who still have a passion for their games... Battlefield 1942. UT2003 has no soul and it shows loud and clear to UT1 players. We can tell how little Epic cared about it and just need a product to bring in the funds. Epic and DE have lost all respect from the Unreal community and that is just a sad ending to what could have been. UT2003 is a dead turd and idiots like Morgan19 and Farmerbob-knob can go chasing it down the toilet for all care.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo