Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Renegade Linux Server Prerelease

Westwood's C&C Renegade Website now offers downloads of a new version of the Command & Conquer Renegade Linux "FDS," which our best guess is stands for 'full dedicated server.' This is actually a prerelease in anticipation of the next client patch for the C&C FPS, so rather than for operating an updated server at this point, the file is being offered to allow server administrators to test it out to make sure it runs properly.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. FDS Stands For... Nov 19, 2002, 11:41 Cypher

Free Dedicated Server.

It is played by many... It's a great multiplayer game. The best.

As for mod community... I just recently (this Saturday) hosted, on GameSpy Arcade a chat session with the mod team of C&C Reborn, a modification for Renegade to bring the Tiberian Sun theme to the game... With mechs, drones, AI troopers from drop-pods and all in multiplayer. You can check out the full chat log and links to screens and videos at http://www.planetcnc.com/community/reborn

Or check out the official website of this mod at http://www.planetcnc.com/ammo/reborn

I'm planning on hosting another chat session on GameSpy Arcade in just over 2 weeks with the mod team of Renegade Alert, a team that is making a TC of Renegade to Red Alert (the original), it's another great modification.

Some of the other mods in development include a StarCraft based modification, a WW2 based modification, a GI Joe based modification and many others.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo