Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I asked furn to look at what seemed to be a problem with the 'Previous 2 days' link offered at the bottom of this and other news pages here that facilitate scrolling back through older news posts, since it became apparent over time that these links suffered from some sort of problem that caused them to operate quite slowly at times. It turns out there was indeed a way of addressing this, and now that furn has tweaked it, in addition to those links no longer requiring a coffee break between being clicked and displaying the resulting page, the overall CPU load here has dropped to the point where other scripted elements that were not noticeably laggy to start with are now that much zippier, as things like archive searches whip along much more quickly now. Viva blammo!

Links of the Day: Anti-telemarketing EGBG counterscript. Thanks Bostich.
Lowtax vs the Nigerians on Something Awful. Thanks shafty. Contains adult language.
Stories of the Day: Ka-POW! goes the pumpkin. Thanks devilbunny.
Interview with a snack addict. Thanks Otto Eyebiter.
Posting dad's poem forces Egyptian into exile. Thanks Mike Martinez. There once was a man from Egypt... nah, better not risk it.
Weird Science: Southwest Alaskans say bird is the size of a small plane. Thanks brother19.
Wild Science: Downloading the Mind. Thanks shafty.
Track down who gave you flu. Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: Technical glitches Oct 22, 2002, 20:30  Xymph 

While on the subject of glitches, I can no longer send news from my home email address because your server spam-blocks me- not sure why. Here's what I get:
3D Gamers handles mail for the bluesnews.com domain. Please email me (fpv@3dgamers.com) the entire bounce message with all headers (if you have another address to send it from, otherwise it'll bounce as well of course - in that case you may have to post at least your domain here, if you don't like to post your full email address), then I'll look into it.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 20:35.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo