Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2003 Demo Update

A post to the Infogrames Forums (thanks Alex Judge and Unreality) by Epic's CliffyB offers an update on the UT2003 demo, which he promises will be "not much longer" (not that we haven't heard that before, so an accompanying grain of salt is recommended). According to the update, the reworked menus are being ironed out, the server browser is almost finished, and they are focusing on testing the maps that are shipping with the demo. He goes on to outline some details about the four maps to be included, and concludes by adding: "One thing that I'm excited about with the new UT - all of the gametypes will be very fun and viable online. Assault and the original Domination, as much as I love them, had some issues that prevented them from reaching their full potential online. Dom 2.0 and Bombing Run are right up there with CTF and other gametypes!" Attempting to stave off the inevitable effort folks put into misinterpreting such things while hedging on the definition of 'not much longer,' a follow-up post from Cliff reminds us: "I did NOT promise a date. We could be more than 2 weeks away still."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

70. This games rules Sep 9, 2002, 01:05 Comen

I really am loving this demo!
I had been playing alot of RTCF MP but this is alot better, I still like the player movement maybe alittle bit better and the classes seem to pan out better in RTCF but there is just so much depth added to BF1942 from the planes and tanks and jeeps, almost everything you see you can interact with, that is a turrent or even the battle ships are steerable!
The first time you get shot out of the sky eject out of the plane parchute down to the ground and then take out 4 or 5 guys to capture a base, is really awsome, games just keep getting better and better huh! I am really starting to like the older tanks and WWII battles alot more than the future look of q3 and Unreal more everyday, adds alot more flaver and character to the game.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 01:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo