Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on Renegade Demo Lag

Westwood has opened a page with tips for running the Command & Conquer Renegade demo, showing how to filter out non-dedicated servers, and emphasizing the amount of bandwidth required to run servers for various numbers of players. Adding to that, Jason "Liquid" Austgen sends along a tip for server administrators, suggesting to update the BandwidthUp variable in the game's server.ini file to 1.5 megabits per 16 players instead of the default 1 megabits (still adjusting the variable by ratio of the number of players that will be allowed). Last but not least, a post titled Update for 2/16/02 on the official forums (thanks dryhump) has word from Westwood's Dan Cermak on an imminent demo patch "that will autodetect whether you can host a game and also tell you the max number of people we recommend for your game. Each host will be required to be a dedicated server as well."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: beta or demo???? Feb 20, 2002, 11:30 Blasterbator

Is this a beta or a demo? How many patches will it take after retail to add the final "polish" that we as discriminating gamers expect?

I am having icky mp flashbacks to the original Unreal netcode. Renegade is great on a LAN, but internet play is attrocious.

Seems to me that netcode and how to make online gaming work well is not uncharted waters.

Can I expect a Renegade Tournament next year that gets the netcode right?

And the graphics? hhmm, I would expect one medeocre aspect, but mediocre graphics and sloppy netcode? ugghh...I sure hope they patch this thing up very quick cause I wanna see this game rock!

|3laster|3ator

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 11:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo