Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Play PC Titanfall for Free

Origin News announces a new program granting gamers free time to play games they haven't purchased. They kick this off with an opportunity to try this out on Titanfall, their recently released mech shooter. Here's how this works:

Itís Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: itís free time with full games. Origin Game Time isnít a demo, itís the full game playable for free for as long as thereís time on your Game Time clock. And weíre kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend youíll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. Weíre launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you donít see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when theyíre available to download.

Havenít felt the thrill of dropping an 18-foot tall metallic beast on your opponent? What about the rush of leaping from wall to wall through the war-torn alleyways of a devastated compound? This is your chance to really see for yourself what Titanfall is all about. Play it for yourself. It wonít cost you a thing.

For Titanfall youíre getting 48 full hours of Pilot/Titan action. Itís the entire game. The Origin Game Time clock begins the moment you start the game for the first time, and ticks down in realtime. Whether youíre fighting your friends or taking a break, the Game Time clock will continue to run.

Love the game after playing during Origin Game Time and want to continue? Your Titanfall progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off if you purchase Titanfall.

If you already own Titanfall, this weekend is a great time to get back into the game. Origin Game Time will bring new Pilots into the fight Ė help your teammates or swoop in for some easy points.

Titanfall is only the beginning for Game Time and thereís more on the way. Each Game Time will be unique: different game, different time on the Game Time clock. Weíll keep you posted on Twitter and Facebook (and here!) when your next Origin Game Time game begins.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 21, 2014, 03:46 jdreyer

yonder wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 17:31:
I don't understand all the hate for the complete lack of single-player. I saw this as a return to the pure multiplayer game, like Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 Arena. I don't remember a lot of crying about the lack of SP campaigns in those games.

Sure, it was because those games stood on their own with MP only, but... why not apply the same standards to Titanfall?

For the record, I haven't played it, but I do believe in judging a game PROPERLY. Titanfall isn't pretending to be something it's not from everything I can tell (with the exception of pretending to be an Xboner killer app).

Don't like twitch games? That's cool. I used to, but I'm old now, and it really doesn't appeal to me outside of possibly playing with my friends (who are old now too). I remember going to a mega-LAN recently and played UT with a youngster who was somewhere between 15 and 22. We got ANNIHILATED. Back in the day, we were top of the game. Obviously he was much, much better than us, but to be blunt, it's no fun playing against players of that caliber. So... twitch doesn't appeal to me anymore.

But obviously... twitch shooters are still a huge thing. I just don't understand the hate. Mostly tho the above-stated SP-campaign comparisons.

WHY do you think you need a SP campaign? You can play against bots, correct? Then who cares?

Although Jivaro specifically wants a SP campaign, most of us are just asking for Single Player. UT, BF 2, and Quake 3 are multiplayer only games (no campaign) but they do offer a fully configurable single player offline mode with bots. Titanfall does not. Nor do BF3 or 4. Why do I make this distinction? To crib from the BF4 petition:

1) They make multiplayer accesible for persons who dont play online (yes, many of these people still exist)
2) They allow a player to practice all of the game modes at any time with a full compliment of combatants.
3) They dont curse, cheat, complain, or leave the match when loosing.
4) They allow for a full game without any lag, slowdown, or dropout.
5) They provide great opponents Vs. teams of humans (once their difficulty is turned up).
6) They cause a game to have infinate replay value.
7) Even if we can only play alone (no Lan) with Bots, it would be a great opportunity to practise all of the vehicles. Online it is very hard to practise new types of vehicles.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo