Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale

The eagerly awaited annual Steam Summer Sale has begun, along with the related Steam Summer Adventure promotion. Here's word from Steam News:

The Steam Summer Sale is here! For the next ten days, take advantage of huge savings throughout our store on thousands of games. Check back often to see our eight-hour Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Flash Sales.

More than a hundred products will be featured as Daily Deals throughout the sale, with new deals popping up every 24 hours.

Today's Daily Deals include:

- Day Z 15% off
- Democracy 3 66% off
- Divinity: Original Sin 20% off
- Dead Rising 3 Prepurchase 25% off
- Far Cry 3 75% off
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 80% off
- The Witcher 2 80% off
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown 67% off
- Don't Starve 75% off

In addition to the sale is the bonus Steam Summer Adventure. Collect, trade, and craft 10 Summer Adventure cards that can only be earned during the sale. Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale. At the end of each day, the team with the most points wins.

30 randomly selected members of the winning team who contributed points by crafting badges that day will win 3 games off their Wishlist. Players are randomly assigned to one of five teams and through crafting can earn tokens which grant bonus points, steal points from other teams, or switch the player to a different team. All the details on how to participate in the Summer Adventure can be found here.

The Steam Summer Sale will run from now until 10AM PDT, June 30th. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community's Choice and more can be found here..

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

62. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 00:48 jimnms

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 19:46:
jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:37:
They said that the Steam version will not use DRM, so once you download it, you can copy it to any other computer of yours and run it without Steam.
Hmm you sure about that? I am pretty sure Steam made steam DRM a requirement for any new games on the service after a few years back. Some games like skyrim IIRC, got by this by making only the launcher use the steam DRM, but you could launch the main exe and it bypassed steam, but in later update Steam made it mandatory on everything and they had no choice but to lock up all the exes. MP doesn't really matter to me but the steam workshop might be one of those features I'd want to use. While I don't mind steam, if given a choice it's always DRM-Free for me, so either way I am buying the GoG version.

I'm pretty sure Steam hasn't made DRM a requirement, unless they've done it very recently. The PCGaming Wiki's List of DRM Free Games on Steam shows lots of titles less than a year old.

I looked for the post on Larian's forums regarding Steam and DRM, but I can't find it. It might have been in one of the Kickstarter updates though. I posted the question, maybe I'll get an answer soon.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo