Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 23:17 Slick

hilarious indeed, but not for the reason you state.

Mtgox get robbed, and people think bitcoin is done for, HA! gee I've never heard of anyone robbing a bank before... remember that one time some crooks made off with some USD? boy, nobody ever tried using US dollars again after that you betcha. I wonder how many years ago it was when anyone tried robbing a crate of gold for the first time? that sure was the last nail in the coffin for that archaic "gold" stuff. i mean people only said that gold had value because it was rare, impossible to duplicate, and there was a finite supply of it... sound familiar?

people aren't seeing the face-slapping truth that if someone's willing to try and steal 750,000 bitcoins, then they're obviously worth taking. if anything it raises the entire profile of bitcoins.

and for the record, bitcoins are so two-thousand and late, there's a myriad of alternalt cryptocurrencies that are traded in the hundreds of billions every day on exchanges around the world.

it's never going to replace fiat currency, that's what penniless hippies and anarchists say when talking about bitcoin, people who have obviously never traded or mined a single satoshi worth (the smallest denomination of a bitcoin 0.00000001 BTC).

either get with it, or get left behind. not like ya didn't have fair warning.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo