Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III XP Bonus

Battle.net announces that for a limited time, playing Diablo III on Windows or OS X will net players a 50% experience point bonus in the action/RPG sequel to pave the way for the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion at the end of this month:

This hefty XP bonus gives your heroes a leg up on the new Paragon Leveling System, which just went live in patch 2.0.1. The new Paragon Leveling system not only allows ALL of your characters to share and contribute towards a single account-wide Paragon level, but it also grants bonus ability points with each Paragon level gained, which can be discretionally assigned to your character’s stats.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

93. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 14:24 descender

Verno, you are best starting you characters over, or at least expecting to replace every single piece of equipment you had before you can jump into Torment. The loot is slightly overtuned in comparison to everything pre-patch aside from the most perfectly tuned AH gear... but if you aren't killing every normal mob in 2-3 seconds a run through a difficulty 1 lower than you think you should be doing will fill in the gaps in your old equipment with nice shiny new legendaries and set pieces. This will give you a better idea of what build direction you can take with your monk.

FWIW I run:
Deadly Reach (scattered blows), third strike hits multiple enemies for fast spirit generation
Wave of Light (wall of light), a little knockback, and a lot of dmg
Sweeping Wind (cyclone), Area effect damage, pop this before every fight starts.
Cyclone Strike (Implosion), Get over here!
Seven Sided Strike (sudden assault), for large targets and bosses
Mantra of Evasion (divine protection), I change my mantra out with the dmg or health one depending on if I'm grouping or soloing or if the difficulty is too high.

Trancendence, Sieze the Initiative and One with Everything as passives.

I won't claim this to be a terribly solid Monk build (WD is my main), but it's what I was using to clear the old Inferno difficulty and I was able to directly translate that to Expert/Torment I before I got any new upgrades. I'd highly recommend making sure you have the "Force move" button bound and accessible, so you can get out of sticky spots without punching things

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo