Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans

The PlanetSide 2 Forums announce that SOE's MMOFPS sequel will begin receiving weekly updates beginning next Wednesday (thanks VG247). Here's word:

What does this mean for you?

Well for starters, it means we'll be more rapidly respond to bugs & balance issues in the game without having to rely on hotfixes as much. We'll also be able to release new content more frequently and consistently. Each individual update will be smaller and more focused, with fewer moving parts that can break, which we hope will greatly decrease the number of bugs being introduced when we update. This doesn't mean that we're not still working on bigger features and larger content pieces, we definitely are and they'll be slotted into the weekly schedule as they're ready to be released. As part of this change we are also going to be updating and playtesting on Test server a lot more often in the future, as always, your playtesting assistance and feedback on the test server will be greatly appreciated.

One final note, the first couple of these weekly updates are going to be a bit smaller than what you can expect to see later on, as we're still shaking off the holiday cobwebs and getting used to the new development processes.

We've got a really terrific slate of new features and content lined up for 2014 that we can't wait to get out to you guys, it's going to be an amazing year for Planetside 2.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans Jan 9, 2014, 14:35 NewMaxx

I've been playing for two months now, so allow me to share my thoughts in response to what other people have posted here.

Firstly, yeah. Every time there's an update I have to figure out the changes and usually the veteran players have PTS experience over me. It's not fun at first, so I expect this to hit casuals hardest. Furthermore they usually break stuff and nerf/un-nerf/re-nerf over patch periods, it's nice that it gets fixed faster but it also means things get a lot less testing.

As far as sustainable goals go, I hear that a lot from players. To be honest I don't see goals in most online games. I played WoW for the same reasons I play Planetside - gear/upgrades, guild/outfit, personal satisfaction from some quick action. PS2 is pure PVP so you have to slant that analogy even further away from the expected PVE goals. I understand that this is a "persistent" game that should have more than Counterstrike or Team Fortress, though.

Agreed that more vehicles are needed. There's been a lot of debate about it on the Planetside subreddit. Also, the guns are actually different in many cases (there are different versions of the basilisk, vulcan, etc.) and cosmetically different within one vehicle (the tier 2 guns for the lightning are all different visually and in terms of impact, for example). Still...I would like to see artillery perhaps...or something more/different.

As for weapons being like a "giant LEGO block," uh...what? I actually love the gunplay in the game as far as...all guns sound different, have unique animations, often unique recoil patterns and handling, unique appearance, different attachments, different uses...if anything I want too many of the guns for variety. The only thing I don't much like is how ridiculously low the time-to-kill (TTK) is even after some hipfire nerfs; you can and will die in literally half a second.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo