Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games

John Carmack is developing games for Oculus VR headsets, reports Engadget based on a conversation with Oculus Rift's Brendan Iribe and Aaron Davies. Carmack joined Oculus Rift as their CTO last year while maintaining ties to id Software, the developer he co-founded a couple of decades ago, but it seemed his game development days were at an end when he later departed id before this news that the itch remains. "He's working on a lot of exciting tech," Iribe tells them. "But, his heart and soul and history certainly lies in the game-development side." Iribe compares this to how Epic Games supports the Unreal Engine with internal development. "That's always been Epic's philosophy. And it's what allowed them to make what they made," he explains. "It's certainly been id's philosophy in the past. It's been John Carmack's philosophy -- you gotta eat your own dog food here, and develop internal content also." He wraps up by telling them they will be hiring more game developers in the next six to 12 months to support their plans. Thanks CVG.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 11:38 RenownWolf

Necro hence the qualifier of "expects" =) because there is what people expect will work and what does work =D  

http://www.renownwolf.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo