Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $35 Million

A new Letter from the Chairman on the Roberts Space Industries website celebrates another funding milestone for Star Citizen, announcing the space combat game has now secured $35 million in crowd-sourced scratch. This plateau unlocks the Drake Herald and they also lay out plans for what will happen if (when?) they surpass the $37 million threshold and are still conducting voting on their $38 million stretch goal. Here's part of the post from Chris Roberts which includes thanks to everyone for supporting the dogfighting module delay, even though not everyone does:

With your enthusiasm and generosity youíre allowing the team and I to go beyond the bare minimum we knew we needed to deliver to make Star Citizen an engrossing experience. As Star Citizen is an open universe and there are so many possibilities the additional funds allow us to increase the amount of content available at the start, have more talented developers working on the various facets in parallel, which will allow us to have a richer gameplay experience from the beginning and allow us to invest in some research and development projects to keep Star Citizen ahead of the curve. Unlike a typical publisher we donít look at this initial funding as bigger profits Ė we look at as allowing us to deliver more of the dream sooner and ensure the online infrastructure and support is as full featured as possible, even during the pre-release period.

I would also like to thank each and every one for your support in my decision to delay the Dogfighting Module. I know it was disappointing for many people, and it wasnít a decision that I took lightly but after much deliberation I decided it was best for the long term health of the project.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

55. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 24, 2013, 04:02 InBlack

How does White Knighting for Chris Roberts help make Star Citizen a better game?? I have yet to play a game where hype and 'positive' attitude helped make that game better. How is hype in any way better or more useful than constructive criticism??? Can anyone name one game where the above question is answered directly?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo