Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

QVADRIGA Announced

Matrix Games announces QVADRIGA, a chariot racing strategy game. The game's product page is online with details, and since the game is heading into the beta phase, this page is where to sign up as a tester. Here's word:

During the Roman Ludi, not only gladiatorial fights or theatrical plays entertained the public, but also the thrilling, fast and dangerous races of the aurigas driving their four-horse chariots: the quadrigas! Symbol of Victory and Triumph, and seen as a Godly chariot (Apollo was often represented riding one) on the earthly world, it was the most important chariot adopted in ancient Roman circus racing. Rushing fast inside the Circus Maximus each auriga could not rely only on his horses speed, but also had to use strategy and wit.

Now, with QVADRIGA, players will be able to revive the historical races of Ancient Rome and became the greatest driver of the ancient world!

The game features historically modeled circuses with all their styles and particularities. Variable circuit sizes, lengths and shapes, from the classic Greek oval hippodrome to the standard Roman circuses for a total of 43 unique arenas. Thanks to the dual game system you can play the way you like: paused turn-based gameplay (static) or continuous real time action (dynamic). Events, trade, upgrades and bonuses; four factions, a huge campaign system with seven regions to travel and an expert AI. QVADRIGA is all this and much more!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 22, 2013, 22:01 Cutter

Too bad this wasn't a 3D action game. I always watch Ben Hur when it's on and the chariot race is a big part of it. I have to admit if I was Roman you would have seen me at the chariot races all the time.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo