Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

840. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 15:55 Beamer

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 15:47:
Nobody in the world buys more crap than America's middle class. Corporations and businesses generate the crap we buy. It's in their own best interest to not shrink the middle class. It's flawed logic to claim corporations are the reason they're shrinking in the first place. Now, maybe in 20 or 30 years it will be a different story with China and India overtaking us. And that's only if their own massive bubbles don't burst.

Meanwhile, Obamacare continues to unravel...

Obama donor’s firm hired to fix Web mess it created

KGW-OR: As Many As 150,000 Oregonians Will Lose Health Plan Because Of ObamaCare

My point is that no one is evil, sitting in a room going "shrink the middle class!" Executives negotiate their pay. They don't think about how it will damage the economy, they think about how it will help their retirement, or how it will help them pay for their kids' college, or how it will help them go on a better vacation then the husband of the women your wife is in a book club with, or whatever, basically the same thing anyone else things about.

Like I said anecdotally about the project I led to move US jobs overseas - no one was thinking about how it impacts the US economy. Moving those 100 jobs wouldn't make a dent. But when everyone is doing it...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo