Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

826. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 10:59 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 10:45:
No, not even close. Today's poor ghettos are NOTHING like what life was like back then. The crime is still shit (although nowhere near as bad), but they actually have electricity, clean water, sanitation. Hell, we live in a country where the poor own Playstations and cell phones. It's practically impossible to starve to death. Our poor are like the middle class for most of the world. But keep on exaggerating reality to justify reaching for that liberal utopia you will never see.

He really isn't incorrect. Yes the poor in America have it better than the poor in almost every other country, but he was talking the income gap. Yes, the standard of living has improved for the poor, but at the same time the rich (who I have nothing against, believe me - hell I wish I was one of the "evil rich"! ) have seen their incomes and wealth skyrocket, meaning the gap remains equally as large.

If you are so upset about the "wealth disparity" maybe you should donate some of your vast wealth you claimed to have. What about those 14 combined poor guys you claim to make more than? Be charitable or shut up. Do you even know any poor people? Have you ever spent 1 hour of your life in a soup kitchen? Have you ever donated to a food bank? Do you do anything unlike the typical liberal talking about the poor without acting?

I'm confused as to why empathizing with the poor who need help (not talking about the ones who do nothing to help themselves here) and looking for societal solutions to do so somehow means one should feel obligated to give up his own wealth to do so. Especially when the scale of the problem is such that one person donating everything he or she has but the shirt on their back won't make a dent in the problem. Donating your time at a shelter or soup kitchen is indeed a worthy and noble effort, but by itself will not fix the root causes for the widespread poverty in some places. Not everyone who lives under the poverty line is a deadbeat loser who wants to leech off of society while getting fat on twinkies and ribeyes paid for with welfare money.

Personally I think the answer lies more in education and cultural change rather than "robbing the rich to give to the poor" but even so things like that will take time and money. I don't think it's okay to just say that they should either suck it up and except their lot in life or figure it all out on their own, because chances are they won't.

Because Prez, if you suggest culture change, automatically out comes the "you're racist!" card. Want to know the reason blacks have such a hard time being productive? It's simple, the majority have no sense of a family unit or a structured environment, women popping out kids with multiple fathers, often no father figures, drug abuse, etc. and what do we do as a response to that? We reward them, with more handouts, more welfare, that it produces people like this low life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavou_SEj1E

Oh nos expecting someone with darker skin pixelation to be a productive member of society! HOW DARE YOU RACIST! Then you have the professional race baiters on the left like Sharpton.

Then you have the left leaning media, who will make a federal case out of things like the Zimmerman case, enough so that even Obama has to put his 2 worthless cents in "Treyvon could have been my son!"

Yet they won't report at all on cases like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7zYG8N49g8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBvDUxM13Eo
Where's the outrage there? War vets being beaten to death by black bangers. That's fine though right? Where's Obama's weigh in on those cases? Where's the media outrage like they had for poor little Trevyon?

You point this out? like I am here? Racist! which I'm sure beamer will be along any moment to confirm. the reason blacks often portray themselves as only victims is because people are afraid of being labeled a racist if they don't go along with it. Fuck that noise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo