Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

119. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 16:08 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 16:01:
I think you're reading into what I'm saying more than needed. I said earlier on the topic of abortions, if it's rape, or there's a serious medical reason that's one thing. Often it's a convenience thing, ie it's easier to abort than spend the next 18 years caring for a life tha isn't your own. That I have issue with. But society has for whatever reason decided that's ok. Why, I have no fucking clue.

No, you're just confusing your own vague rants with this health care discussion and not even doing a particularly good job of it. Health care by and large is not a convenience thing. Your example is silly too, a woman having a child that she can't necessarily provide for creates a much larger strain on the system than providing her coverage does. 100 abortions are probably less expensive than a single child when we're talking about the cost to society and people rarely get pregnant with the intent of defrauding the public. Basic coverage just makes sense, having a weird set of politically charged exclusion criteria like yours would probably wind up way more expensive.

If you have a medical condition that prevents you from working that's something completely different. That's not the same as people who are capable of working who don't and instead live of the rest of us, pretending there's only a couple who do that, is about as naive as you can get.

Again you fail to think this one through. With the basic goal of providing everyone coverage we get the ability to marginalize this problem since it is much harder for people to fake medical tests used to help determine eligibility for social care programs. I've never seen convincing stats to show me that social care programs are in widespread abuse either. The whole "derp derp living on my money!!!" thing is oft regurgitated but financially insignificant on a national level.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2013, 16:18.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo