Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

75. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 20:57 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:26:
I'm a little surprised to see Blue link to such a politically charged topic as "Obamacare", but hey, it's his site.

I have deliberately remained mostly ignorant on the ACA so I could see for myself what it entailed instead of having someone else explain their version of the truth of it to me. Honestly, from what I've seen so far my reaction is one of "THIS is what the fuss is all about?" I assumed when the talking heads were calling it socialized medicine that it would mean free health care for those without jobs wholly subsidized by those of us with jobs. Instead it sounds like just any other plan from any other insurance company only with the Federal Government as the administrator. "But Prez, it's forcing companies to provide its full-time employees with healthcare!" To which I say, "And...? That's a bad thing how exactly?" Uninsured people are one of the things that drives the cost of healthcare for everyone - imagine if there were fewer uninsured people!

You can say that the government mandating things to corporations is anti-capitalist and that may be so, but before government regulation of corporations started factory workers who died at their machines from being over-worked and under- nourished were simply pushed out of the way to make room for a live worker to work the machine. Ah the good ole early 1900's, dontcha miss 'em? Corporations have repeatedly shown that often the only way they will do the right thing is if they are made to. So while I am pro-Capitalist in the general sense, the need for government mandates and regulation is obvious to me. Enron and Worldcom anyone?

Obama decided this year to give corporations a 1 year delay while individuals are forced to buy into it or pay a fine. Unions, the biggest supporters of Obamacare, are demanding a complete exemption. What happened to fairness?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo