Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief Gameplay Trailer

Here is the first gameplay trailer from Thief, Eidos Montreal's upcoming return to the first-person sneaker series. The clip is narrated by stealthy master thief Garrett, who says, "I've been away, but I couldn't tell you where." Here's the description: "In this gameplay trailer, get your first in-game look at Garrett's hideout, the dark alleys of the City, and your old friend Basso. See all the pillars of Thief gameplay in action - Infiltration, Theft and Escape - as Garrett enters the Baron's manor, grabs the shinies and leaves without a trace."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 09:16 Darks

Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 06:16:
Fantaz wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 23:52:

Prez wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 21:09:
The video was awesome (The new Garrett isn't THAT bad...) . What has me worried is that interview I read this morning.

can you say what you found was awesome by the vid? didn't look so great to me... at least it didn't look like the good 'ol Thief from back in the day.

Well as much as I love Thief and Thief 2 (even Thief 3 to a lesser extent) I'm okay with it not being exactly in the same vein. The huge dark city, the stealthy stealing of stuff that I find so goddammed addictive, and the overall mood look incredible. He is seen doing classic 'Thief' moves like using water arrows and such, so that was cool. It obviously doesn't guarantee a good game, but it was a very good trailer I thought.

I agree Prez, I think sometime people just get too caught up with wanting the game to be an exact copy of what the original was years ago. I personally didnít like Thief 2 as much as I liked the first one. I really loved going underground and fighting the undead and the wisp. That part of the game to me was a lot of fun.

I remember though that many people didnít like there being undead and complained about it which is why in part 2 you saw none of that. Probably another reason why I didnít like part 2 as much.

Still looking forward to part 3, hopefully itís still fun to roam around in the shadows.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo