Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's been kind of a stressful week here at the BlueTower, as we have two geriatric relatives who are ailing: My step-grandmother, who is very much a real grandmother to me, is in the ICU with complications following heart surgery (as if heart surgery on a patient who is 90-something could be uncomplicated to start with). And Hudson the wonder dog has been mostly off her food for a week after a bout of vomiting and diarrhea we believe was caused by a round of antibiotics for a skin infection, and it doesn't take much of a hunger strike to make a skinny 13-year-old purebred dog seem to waste away. My tendency to internalize this kind of stress has now bitten me in the back, if not the backside, as I am now suffering with a backache, which is not only the first I can recall in over 10 years, but also by far the worst I've ever experienced. The good news is that both patients seem to be doing better: The doctors say our grandma is on the right track after a few setbacks, and after being taken off the pills, Hudsy is slowly starting to get her appetite back. It was only after things started looking up that my back attacked me, so I may manage to still be ailing as everyone else is recovering, which is fine by me, as it would mean that everyone else is recovering.

Stressed Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Magic Layers.
TT Racer.
Links: Hi reddit, Tom Hanks here. Ask Me Anything.
Stories: Car Fire a Test for High-Flying Tesla. Since gas cars are non-flammable.
Fox Renews The Simpsons for Season 26.
Media: BREAKING BAD Walter White Speaks - My Way.
Driving on a floating bridge. Thanks the Flying Penguin.
Voodoo Lounging. Jaguar love. Thanks reddit.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2013, 01:12 Ant

Life can be so crazy and sucky like that, Blue. My last grandparents aren't doing well either. I just had a grand(ma/mother)'s death back in Spring. Ugh!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo