Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed

The Roberts Space Industries website has a new Letter from the Chairman celebrating a new funding milestone for Star Citizen, which has now secured over $19 million from fans eager for a new game in the vein of the Wing Commander series (thanks Geoff). They recently announced the games $20 million stretch goal is FPS combat on planet surfaces, and now they reveal their $21 million goal, which is a whole new Salvage Mechanic career path:

Salvage Mechanic: Salvage isnít an aside: itís a career, with its own mechanic, story tie-ins and universe-shaping endgames. Search the galaxy for a host of valuable and interesting secrets using both the flight and FPS components. Discover the secrets of the ancient Hadesians, locate valuable components and cargoÖ or go down in history the first to make contact an entirely new alien race!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 17, 2013, 13:01 Will W

All of the rewards people are paying for are only for the MMO server as well...due to the sheer amount of "paid for" permanently insured ships that must be out there by now, I'm not planning to play on the MMO server, but will look for community run servers. I get that they're saying it's not Pay to Win because you can earn the stuff in game, but if you can run a trade route faster then me on day 1 because of a ship you bought, in a dynamic economy with "pigeon drones" spreading the contract, you have effectively bought your way over me.

I'll most likely play single player until the private server portion is released. I spent the bare minimum to get alpha/beta access. I think I got the Scooty-Puff Jr. as a ship with it too, not sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo