Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 14:47 Verno

I agree about Bushnell but I think there is some merit to it despite that. I love big N but they're definitely having problems connecting with gamers and staying relevant. Having a lot of cash in the bank from the Wii doesn't mean as much as people think and its no guarantee they can remain in the market indefinitely. This is a company that still does not have an online platform, they need to hire new blood and help themselves a bit here. The Wii U is in a bad way, the tablet is underpowered and useless, their core casual appeal in motion control is now ignored by both consumer and Nintendo itself, the naming and marketing is beyond confusing for casual consumers, system selling software still has not arrived, etc.

The 3DS is doing pretty well but not so great that they can afford for the Wii U to keep tanking. I'm not sure they can get away with this but I think the Wii U needs do over. Third parties don't want to touch it and many were already leaning that way after all of the channel stuffing with Wii software. I used to see a scenario where Nintendo could recover with Zelda and Mario games but I think we're getting past that point already, particularly when you have stuff like those $100-150 headless consoles from Sony coming out.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo