Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)

An article on Eurogamer looks at the upcoming Reaper of Souls expansion for Diablo III, and the the indications that one of its goals is to "cut the legs out from the Auction House" in the action/RPG sequel. They discuss the add-on and the items/auctions fiasco with Blizzard's Josh Mosqueira and Kevin Martens, and one of Josh's replies admits they were tempted to scrap it entirely, but speaks of "complications" that go beyond "the Blizzard level," which suggests that Activision would not approve (or perhaps NSA intervention). Here's the part that has us drawing inferences:

Were you tempted to scrap it entirely? I ask. Did the thought ever cross your mind?

"We'd be lying if we didn't say yes," Josh replies after a moment's contemplation. "We saw the reaction. Again, it's a complicated matter. It's not just complicated at the team level, or even the Blizzard level.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

35. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 16:35 Krovven

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:12:
Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:46:
What % of PC players are offline when they want to play a title like D3? REALLY?
You do realize someone got fired from Microsoft for this opinion, right? Not everyone lives in an urban area where getting broadband is like getting electricity. Besides your entire argument is moot because they made the console version be off-line. If there wasn't a market for that why make it?

Difference is one was regarding an entire platform and this is regarding a single game. If you dont like it, dont play the game. I've been playing online only games for 10+ years and will continue to do so. If I dont have internet at any given time, I will play something else and I won't rage about it, unlike what Undocumented Moron thinks.

If MS or Sony or whomever attempts to make an entire platform permanently online required, I will have a problem with it. If my computer, iPhone, PS3 or (newly acquired) Vita were online only, they would lose a lot of my business as an entire platform requiring Internet all the time would be a massive inconvenience.

D3 has great gameplay (even better in coop) and production value but falls short in story department, but unlike others, I never held the story in such high regard and just skip it all after the first play through anyways. I get bored quickly playing it solo, but can play for hours with other people. D3 has issues, which is no different than any other game I own. Many issues have been addressed over several patches in the past year + and many more are set to be addressed in the expansion and the continued patches.

Don't like the AH? Don't use it. It's that simple. It's not required and the difficulty in later He'll and Inferno hasn't been an issue since the first patch.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2013, 16:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo