Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed

ArenaNet is claiming a sales record for Guild Wars 2, saying that selling over three million copies in nine months gives them rights to claim the title of fastest selling MMORPG in the U.S. in Europe over the first nine months, beating out whatever game previously held this coveted distinction. "After triangulating against multiple data sources, its clear that Guild Wars 2 is the fastest-selling Western MMO of all time based on the first nine months of availability," said analyst David Cole of DFC Intelligence. "This puts Guild Wars 2 in an impressive position when they release in China, where weve seen similar franchises really take off." Burying the lede, they also mention they will offer the chance to check out the game at the end of this month in a free trial:

ArenaNet also announced a free trial for players looking to experience what millions of others are already enjoying. New players can create an account starting today and participate in a free trial from 08:00 BST Friday, 23rd August to 07:59 BST Monday, 26th August. Players can register for free trial accounts here: https://register.guildwars2.com/trial.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 20:00 Cram

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 15:38:
Tarnished Coast and Dragonbrand are routinely full. My friend had to sit at his PC for 6 hours checking the server status just to get on TC to make a character.

On TC too, always packed. Routinely put into overflows, even in zones with no world bosses or anything important going on.

I really like this game, but it sometimes feels like it's missing a soul or something. There's no one particular area, mission or dungeon that I find "memorable". WoW, on the other hand, has dozens of memorable zones/quests/dungeons/raids that elicits some emotional response. Yes, WoW is far older than GW2. So I have hope.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo