Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I did some adventuring yesterday that got away from me and took too much time, which was the bad news. The cool news is that one of my accomplishments was visiting a welder and having him fix a bracket that holds a muffler in my decrepit Corvette. The goal with this 100K+ miles car has always been to avoid sinking money into it as it soldiers on in its second decade of service, so the fact the mufflers have a built in bracket for this became a big problem when they eventually broke off, as a proper replacement would involve replacing the entire exhaust system, which would be a lengthy (expensive) installation of an expensive part. Instead my friend Devicer found me a welder who fixed my broken makeshift bracket temporarily while he works on fashioning me a pair of new brackets. A local muffler shop had already told me neither of these things could be done, so the fact that he found both projects so manageable (if not trivial) was refreshing. And the fact that he charged me $5.00 for welding the broken bracket was shocking in the best possible way.

Shocking Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Dr. Flammenwerfer.
Knight Runner.
Links: The world's craziest contraband.
Science: Welcome to the future: New Zealand approves permit for jet pack.
Media: 2013 World Yo-Yo Contest Champion. Wow!!
Iron Man 3 Bloopers.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2013, 13:45 nin

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 13:18:
in my decrepit Corvette

I thought all old time Quakers drove Ferraris?

He has a theme song now.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo