Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 PC Confirmed?

Videgamer.com has word from an NVIDIA investor's call that seems to inadvertently confirm plans for a PC edition of Grand Theft Auto V. Here's their quote from NVIDIA senior director of investor relations Chris Evenden: "But much of this can be better served by a tablet. In contrast, gamers are preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Assassin's Creed 4."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:52 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:30:
Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:03:
Well what's the only game they didn't port? RDR? It's never really been a question of it coming to the PC so much as when.

And RDR may be a fluke. That was one of the most troubled development cycles to actually manage to release a game. The general consensus around the industry was that the entire studio was going to collapse. Instead they released a moody, atmospheric blockbuster, but it seems that it may have all come together at the last second.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar was caught off-guard by RDRs success and really had plans to move away from it as quickly as possible. It may explain why we've heard zilch from that studio, too - I really think they were in limbo at release and Rockstar ended up very delicately trying to figure out how to fix their massive flaws without ruining whatever it was that made RDR great.

So they wait years to figure out if RDR is a hit and then consider it for release on PC? I find that scenario hard to believe. As has been pointed out by me, and others, Rockstar is out to make money. It makes no sense not to release RDR unless there's a financial reason. And in my opinion, that reason is to feed the 'fear' that Rockstar might not release every game to the PC, thus building their sales on console releases. This way they get the most from the consoles, then get the most from PC buyers and some double-dippers. What could be better than that? (Financially, anyway) RDR may come out later down the line, but I doubt it. There's really nothing about RDR that would make it uniquely difficult to bring to PC. It's certainly not any different from say, LA Noire, which I would think would be much harder to port, given it's various technologies. RDR is basically GTA in the wild west. The only logical reason for them not to release it would financial not technical.

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo