Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants

John Smedley tweets that SOE is shelving plans to add microtransaction-fuelled player buffs to PlanetSide 2 after player outcry, saying: "After reading through your comments we have decided to go back to the drawing board on implants." Massively explains what they were considering: "Implants were cheap consumables designed to offer specific abilities or bonuses over a short span of time."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants Jul 18, 2013, 21:06 Veterator

I just played PS2 for the first time in about a month. Can't say it's changed much for the better.

I play TR, and while it's not on subject with the implants....I feel they don't handle the game balance well already. TR gets a lot of things that don't work very well, or are basically carbon copy weapons with just ever so slight differences. It's boring, but it's also pretty insulting that they can't come up with something fun to use even if it's not the best ever weapon....something with a role, that's fun to use in that role. That's all they have to do to appease many people.

Buying what is essentially, or will eventually become nearly, the same gun 25 times get's old.

This portion of their ineptitude starting pissing me off, spending money and ending up with almost carbon copy weapons after they "balance" them is bullshit. And most of the balancing just means they nerf them to sell a new gun...that shit wears people out.

Now that they've done that for 6 months, and they STILL HAVE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING because they come out with locked to a loadout, consumable, pay for, cert for items that A LOT of people wanted...but they haven't figured out that people don't want to pay for shit that becomes worthless (like their guns) or goes away (one use camos, they got rid of these things for a fucking reason).

And keep in mind the damn game already has a resource system built into it, that they keep trying to make more and more tedious. But instead of adding more items to it...you know...LIKE CONSUMABLE IMPLANTS YOU CAN BUY WITH IT..they just make stuff cost more. So you buy a membership or resource booster.

They spend more effort on trying to monetize the damn game than they do on making it enjoyable so people want to spend money on it.

Look at the roadmap and look at the stuff they haven't added or added anyway that no one wanted.

Like I've told others before. I am interested in PS2 enough, at this moment, to keep up on what they are doing with it. But if they keep up with this asinine way they have of completely missing the point constantly...I will stop caring. Then they will not be able to tempt me back without a lot of damn effort. And I suspect a lot of other people are right there at the line with me...because people play A LOT less than they used to.

Plus let's face it, SOE has a not-so-good track record with MMOs. PS1 in particular, they basically let that game rot on the vine after releasing expansion content no one much cared for. They simply do not know how to interpret what people do in game and ask for into something that adds to the experience in a positive way. It's always screwed up, annoying, or monetized in the most annoying and disheartening way possible.

If any of them read this, get a cert reset working. So we can get our hard work out of the guns and stuff you've completely trashed and put it into something that's worth a damn...for this round of patches at least. But I bet they read that and figure they could make money by cyclically ruining the weapons, and pimping out those cert resets.

Praise should not be given to them for about facing on this, it's worrying as hell that they thought it was a good idea in the first place. And makes me question even more of the changes they put forth, because it probably has some kind of non-obvious slight to the customer in it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo