Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2

Deep Silver and inXile Entertainment announce a deal whereby inXile's Wasteland 2 will be distributed worldwide by Deep Silver, and the publisher will also assist in QA testing and localization of the role-playing game. "This is a perfect opportunity for inXile: it allows us to continue to focus all of our energy and money into the creative aspects of the game while letting Deep Silver take our game outside of the pure digital space. This has the added bonus of allowing us to spend more of the Kickstarter funds on development while continue to retain all ownership and control," says Brian Fargo, CEO inXile Entertainment. "Iíve known the people at Deep Silver for many years and they have always been a first rate organization to deal with."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

45. Re: Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2 Jul 12, 2013, 04:35 Soulburner

Julio wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 21:44:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 19:34:
At this point you and everyone else who refuses to read should be banned and removed from the internet.

Too bad for you that everyone's allowed to have an opinion. Even a person who is as unable to read as you.

Unlike you, I am not a fan of middlemen like Deep Silver and EA taking a piece of the pie. I much prefer them on the outside looking in, since they haven't been interested in the types of games I like to play. That was one of the great things about funding games by Kickstarter. There is going to be at least some cannibalization of digital sales by having physical copies of the game, which means Deep Silver gets paid off our KS backing.

If inXile would like to cut in the traditional distributor/publisher types, I would prefer to know up front. Might as well just fund KS at the minimum level then.

So you would prefer inXile to handle physical distribution by themselves too? You do realize that would make significantly less Kickstarter money available to make the game? Hiring a distributor who will only get a cut from the physical sales is the right way to go. Nothing is compromised and there's more money for the game.

Deep Silver has no say in the content of the game, release date, DRM, etc - *nothing*. They may put their logo on the box, though.

This is not a classical publisher-developer deal. It's just distribution. Deep Silver will not get any money from digital sales, so if you hate them so much - simply buy it online and download.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo