Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We're still struggling to clear the backyard of some overgrowth and a big pile of tree debris I created while pruning and trimming. We're not the biggest gardeners to start with, and the weather alternating between rain and sweltering heat is not helping move things along. I think I've previously mentioned my fascination with a scene in the Anthony Hopkins movie The World's Fastest Indian where he clears his overgrown lawn with fire. I'm pretty sure if I thought I could safely and legally get away with it, I would be out there with a torch right now.

Torched Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Token Hero.
Steam Rocket.
Tio.
Links: 9 Best Uses Of Opera Music In Video Games.
Shimao Wonderland Intercontinental Construction Is Underway.
Stories: Rabbi: Weed is kosher if medicinal.
Science: IEA: Renewables will be world’s second-largest energy source by 2018.
Study: Men More Likely to Approach Women With Lower-Back Tattoos.
Media: Pacific Rim, Minecraft-Style.
Toy Soldier takes a header at Disneyland. Thanks reddit. Oh the traumatized children.
The Great Gatsby Stripped of Greenscreen Effects.
Watch a 'Star Wars' film editor test out Boba Fett's first costume. Thanks nin.
Super Bluth Bros.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2013, 16:12 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 13:04:
Does anyone have any experience using a 21:9 ratio monitor like this one for gaming? PCGamer was down on it, but some Amazon reviews I read said it was awesome.

no experience, but just logically, it would take triple the horsepower to run the same game. also as previously said, pretty sure its native resolution isn't widely supported if at all. but hey, if you got money to burn, go for it. pretty sure you already have standard monitors laying around. neat toy to show off in any case.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo